Crock Pot Herb Stuffing- The perfect side dish made right in your crock pot! This simple stuffing can be dressed up or down to suit your taste.
📌 Pin it for Later:
- Dry stuffing cubes
- Minced onion
- Chicken broth
- Garlic powder
This is a really basic stuffing recipe. It can be dressed up or down, to your liking. We don’t like a ton of spices in ours, but, if desired, you can also add celery salt, thyme or sage.
You can also add in fresh chopped celery or onion. When melting the butter, instead of adding dry minced onion, replace it with the fresh chopped celery or onion. Cook until soft. Then, add into the dry stuffing cubes and continue recipe as noted.
Chicken Broth: You will need anywhere from 1/4-1/3 cup. The stuffing cubes should be coated well, but, not soaked/mushy. Start with the 1/4 cup and use your best judgement when adding anymore.
Want to Bake Your Stuffing Instead? Spread the coated bread cubes into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
How to Make:
- First, melt butter with minced onion.
- Then, in a large bowl, mix together bread cubes, dried spices and melted butter mixture. Stir to coat.
- Add in chicken broth ( see above note) and again, stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes. Then, change to the low setting and cool for 3 hours. You want the stuffing to be heated thoroughly when done.
More Side Dishes to Try:
- 6 cups dried stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4-1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper, to taste preference
- Line crock pot with parchment paper or crock pot liners.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter with minced onion.
- In a large bowl, add in dry stuffing cubes. Then, add in salt, pepper, garlic powder and melted butter mixture. Stir well to coat.
- Add in 1/4 cup chicken broth and stir to coat. If needed, add additional chicken broth. You don't want the cubes dry, but, they need to be coated well...not a soggy mess.
- Spread into prepared crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes. Then, decrease to low and cook for 3 hours or until heated thoroughly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 398Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1145mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 6g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on countertopcooking.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate