Air Fryer Onion Rings-Crispy, crunchy and flavorful! Making onion rings in your air fryer keeps the fat and clean up to a minimum.
📌 Pin it for Later:
- 1 medium size yellow onion
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Dried spices: Garlic powder- Onion powder – Paprika- Salt/Pepper
Onion: Yellow is what I like to use for onion rings. They are a bit sweeter and a little less strong in flavor than the white variety. With that being said, a white onion will also work.
How to Slice the Onion: First, remove the peel of the onion. Then, slice the onion crosswise about 1/4 inch thick. Then, seperate the onion into individual rings.
Panko Breadcrumbs: I prefer to use panko breadcrumbs for these. They are lighter than using regular breadcrumbs and give the onion rings a nice crunchy coating. If you wish, regular breadcrumbs can be used instead.
How to Make:
- First, slice onion ( see above for how to)
- Next, set up three shallow dishes. Your first dish will contain the beaten eggs. The second will contain flour and dried spices. The last dish will contain the breadcrumbs.
- Take one raw onion ring and coat it first in the flour mixture, next, in the eggs. Finally, coat it in the breadcrumbs. Repeat with remaining raw onion rings.
- They are ready to cook.
A few things to note:
- Spray the basket of your air fryer before adding the onion rings for cooking.
- Be sure to work in batches. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Cooking time may vary, depending on your air fryer. For your first batch, cook just 1 or 2 rings to test.
Serve them With:
- Crock Pot No Boil Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Crock Pot Cheeseburgers
- Pulled Pork: For IP & CP
- 1 medium size onion, sliced in half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried paprika
- Set up 3 shallow bowls: In the first, add whisk eggs. In the second, the breadcrumbs. In the third, add flour and dried spices. Mix them together lightly.
- Coat each ring in the flour mixture, then, the egg mixture and finally, the breadcrumbs.
- Continue with remaining raw onion rings.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non stick cooking spray. Working in batches, cook coated rings in the air fryer for 5-7 minutes at 375 degrees.
adapted from tasty
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on countertopcooking.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate