Crock Pot Apple Cake- An easy cake loaded with sweet apples and made right in your crock pot! Serve it warm for a perfect fall dessert.
- Yellow cake mix
- Apple pie filling
- Ground cinnamon
- Brown sugar
- Plain Greek yogurt
Cake Mix: Vanilla, yellow, white or any similar variety will work for these. Stick with a standard size box ( 15-18 oz) and you will be good.
Oil: A neutral tasting oil (canola/vegetable/sunflower) work best for this cake.
Plain Greek Yogurt: If desired, you can replace this with sour cream.
Brown Sugar: Coconut palm sugar can be used as a replacement.
How to Make:
- First, mix the apple mixture. Then, spread just half of it into a prepared crock pot.
- Then, make your batter. Spread just half of the batter on top of those apples.
- Add another layer of apples and batter.
- Cover the crock pot and cook.
- After 2 hours, turn off the crock pot and leave the lid just ajar. Continue for another 30 minutes.
- This cake is best served warm!
- Cooking time may vary, depending on your crock pot. Your cake will be done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Keep any leftover cake in a covered container in the refrigerator. Eat within 2-3 days.
Pin it for Later!
More Cake to Try:
- Crock Pot Chocolate Cake from Scratch
- Microwave Layer Cake
- Instant Pot Funfetti Cake
- Instant Pot Layer Cake
- 1-20 oz apple pie filling
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 box, yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 TBSP oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 ground cinnamon
- Spray crock pot with non stick cooking spray or line with crock pot liners or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix apple mixture ingredients until combined. Spread 1/2 of apple mixture on the bottom of crock pot.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together cake ingredients until well combined.
- Spread 1/2 of the cake batter on top of the apple mixture.
- Then, top with remaining apple mixture and finish with remaining batter.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. When done, turn off crock pot and let cake cool with lid ajar for 30 minutes.
- Best served warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 541mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 2gSugar: 48gProtein: 6g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on countertopcooking.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate