Air Fryer Poptarts – Fun pastries that are easier than buying the boxed version! All you need is your favorite pie crust and your imagination.
- Ready made pie crust
- Egg wash
- Powdered sugar
Pie Crust: You have two options- -store bought or homemade. If you wish to make your favorite pie crust recipe, that will work. Of course, grabbing a box of the pre made refrigerator stuff is just fine too. Whichever option you chose, you will need enough dough for 2- 9 inch pie crusts.
Egg Wash: Simply whisk an egg in a small bowl with about a tablespoon of water.
What About Filling?
Your filling options are totally up to you. Ours are usually filled with a chocolate spread ( ex: Nutella) , peanut butter or jelly. Whichever you choose, you will need about a cup.
How to Make + A Few Notes:
- First, roll your dough out. Then, with a pizza cutter, cut off the edges to create a large square.
- With the same pizza cutter, cut the square into 4 equal size squares.
- In one empty square, spread about a tablespoon of your filling. Leave about 1/2 inch of border around the filling.
- Brush the edges with your egg wash.
- Then, top with an unfilled square. With a fork, crimp the edges of the dough to seal it up. Brush the top with egg wash.
- Cook your pop tart. Once it’s done, let it sit in the air fryer for 2-5 minutes to cool. Then, remove it completely and cool for 30 minutes before topping with icing.
- Whisk the icing ingredients together and spread on the top of the cooled pop tarts. If desired, top with sprinkles before serving.
Can I Make Smaller Pop Tarts? Yes. If desired, you can slice your pie crust dough into any size squares you wish. Just remember to adjust your cooking time.
Cooking Time: Your cooking time may vary, depending on your air fryer and the size of your pop tarts. Cook until they are golden brown.
Storage: Keep any leftover pop tarts in a covered container. If desired, you can also freeze these. Store them in a covered freezer safe container/storage bag. They will be good for a couple of months. Reheat them in your toaster oven/toaster.
TIME FOR BREAKFAST!
- 2- 9 inch pie crusts
- 1 cup chocolate spread or your favorite jam/jelly
- Egg wash ( whisk 1 egg with a tablespoon of water)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp milk
- sprinkles, optional
- Roll out each pie crust and with a pizza cutter, cut off the edges to create a large square.
- Then, cut the large square into 4 equal size squares.
- Spread about 1 TBSP of chocolate spread or jam into the middle of one pie square. Leave about a half an inch around the border.
- Brush the edges of the filled square with egg wash. Top with an unfilled square. Crimp the edges with a fork to seal. Brush top with egg wash.
- Continue with remaining pie crust.
- Spray basket of air fryer with non stick cooking spray. Working in batches, cook pastries at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Let each pastry sit in air fryer basket for just a few minutes to cool.
- Then, remove completely and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Whisk ingredients for icing in a bowl until smooth. Spread on cooled pastries. If desired, top with sprinkles before frosting sets.
- Your cooking time may vary, depending on your air fryer and the size of your pop tarts. Cook until they are golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 804Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 405mgCarbohydrates: 100gFiber: 6gSugar: 53gProtein: 10g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on countertopcooking.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate