Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Scones- -Light, fluffy scones that are loaded with mini chocolate chips and made in your air fryer!
- Flour + Baking powder + Salt
- Butter, cold
- Mini chocolate chips
- Coarse sugar
- Egg wash
Butter: Make sure it’s cold. Not frozen, but, cold.
Coarse Sugar: This is can be found in the same section as your regular granulated sugar in the grocery store. It is also referred to a sparkling sugar or sanding sugar. I use a natural turbinado sugar for this, check out the recipe card for the product I like.
Egg Wash: Simply whisk an egg in a small bowl with about a tablespoon of water.
A FEW TIPS ABOUT CUTTING THE BUTTER INTO FLOUR:
- The goal of cutting butter into flour is to achieve a pea size-crumb like texture with your flour. This process will give you a flakier scone.
- This can be done with a pastry cutter, two knives, a fork or a food processor.
- Be sure your butter is cold, not frozen, cold.
- Whichever way you chose to do this, just make sure you don’t over mix it.
- Looking for more info? Here is a helpful link.
A few notes:
- Be sure not to over mix your dough. Overmixing your dough can give you dense scones.
- Storage: Keep leftovers in a covered container or storage bag. They will be good for 2-3 days. If desired, you can freeze them for future eating. Again, keep them in a covered container/storage ( freezer safe). They will stay good for a couple of months. Reheat in the oven or microwave when you are ready to eat.
TIME FOR BREAKFAST!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 TBSP butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 egg, whisked with a tablespoon of water, for egg wash
- sprinkling of coarse sugar, for topping
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. With a pastry cutter or two knives, cut butter into flour mixture until pieces are about pea size.
- Then, add in egg and milk and mix until just combined. Don’t over mix! Fold in chocolate chips.
- On a well floured surface, shape dough into a circular shape. Cut dough into 8 wedges.
- Brush tops with egg wash, then, sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Spray basket of air fryer with non stick cooking spray.
- Working in batches, cook 6-8 minutes at 360 degrees or until golden brown.
- Let scones sit in basket for 5 minutes before removing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 432mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 7g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on countertopcooking.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate