Crock Pot Chocolate Cake from Scratch- -A moist chocolate cake cooked in your crock pot! All you need is a short list of basic ingredients…no boxed mix required!
More Cake to Try:
- White sugar
- Flour + Baking soda + Baking powder + Salt
- Brown sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
Oil: Canola, vegetable or sunflower will all; work just fine. I do recommend sticking with a neutral tasting oil, so, you don’t have to worry about any flavors clashing in your cake.
What About Frosting?
This is basic chocolate cake that can be frosted with just about any kind of frosting ( or topping). I went the quick way and used a can of the prepared variety.
As you can see from the above picture, my finished cake looked a bit rough after it came out of the crock pot. It was simply due to the sides forming against parchment paper. For picture taking, I gave it a bit of a makeover, once it was completely cooled.
To Give it a More Finished Look:
- I cut the edges off to form a rectangle. Then, took a sharp knife and sliced it into two seperate layers.
- Then, I frosted the top of one layer and place it on top of the other. It was then finished off with full coverage of frosting and sprinkles.
- First, line your crock pot with liners or parchment paper.
- Next, make your batter and spread into the bottom of your crock pot.
- Cover the crock pot, but, leave it propped open a bit with a wooden spoon. This will release a bit of steam while cooking.
- Continue cooking until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remember: Cooking time may vary, depending on the size and brand of your crock pot.
FOR THE CHOCOLATE LOVERS:
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cake for Two
- Air Fryer Chocolate Stuffed Doughnuts
- Air Fryer Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Crock Pot Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Crock Pot Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- dash of salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup neutral tasting oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Line your crock pot with parchment paper, liners or spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat both sugars and oil to combine. Add in eggs and beat well.
- Gradually, add in flour mixture and milk. Alternating between the two. Mix until just combined. Don't overmix.
- Spread batter into prepared crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Prop lid open slightly while cooking to release steam. Cake is done when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely before frosting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 328mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on countertopcooking.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate