Crock Pot Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread- A moist banana bread filled with shredded zucchini and chocolate chips. Making it right in your crock pot is easy and takes no time at all. A great way to enjoy your bread without having to turn on the oven.
This version has of course, chocolate, but, with the added bonus of shredded zucchini! It’s moist, chocolatey and really easy to make in your crock pot.
- Flour + Salt + Baking soda + Ground cinnamon
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Brown sugar
- Shredded zucchini
- Chocolate chips
Bananas: The riper, the better. You will need 2 medium sized bananas. Mashing them can be done with your electric mixer or use a hand held potato masher…it does a great job!
Plain Greek Yogurt: If desired or needed, this can be replaced with sour cream.
Zucchini: You will need 3/4 cup of shredded zucchini. Shredding a medium size zucchini should give you enough .
Chocolate Chips: I prefer to use a dark chocolate chips. However, regular semi sweet will do the job.
A few recipe notes:
- Don’t overmix your batter. Simply mix your batter until no dry spots remain. A few lumps is ok. Over mixing your batter could give you a dense loaf of bread.
- Cooking time may vary, depending on your crock pot. Start your cooking time at 1 hour, then, check it. You want a toothpick/knife to come out clean when inserted. Your cooking time may be up to 3 hours.
- Line your crock pot with parchment or crock pot liners before spreading the batter. This will make for easy removal and clean up.
- Don’t worry about peeling your zucchini, shred it right along with the skin.
- You can shred your zucchini using a your food processor, an electric shredder or a hand shredder.
- Important: Once your zucchini is shredded, lay it out in a single layer on a clean cotton towel. Roll it up and over your sink, ring out all the excess water. Adding all that extra water may mess up the texture of your bread. In the recipe card, this instruction is noted as “water removed”
More Chocolate to Explore:
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cake for Two
- Air Fryer Chocolate Stuffed Doughnuts
- Air Fryer Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Crock Pot Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 medium size bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini, water removed ( see below note)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, divided
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat mashed bananas and brown sugar. Add in eggs, zucchini and yogurt. Beat to combine.
- Add in flour mixture and mix just until combined and no dry spots are left in batter. Stir in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Line crock pot with parchment paper or crock pot liners, then, spread batter into prepared pot.
- Sprinkle top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Cover and cook on high for 1-3 hours or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove bread from crock pot, then, let it cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Once your zucchini shredded, lay it out in a single layer on a clean cotton towel. Roll it up and over your sink, ring out all the excess water. Adding all that extra water may mess up the texture of your bread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on countertopcooking.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate