Instant Pot BBQ Chicken- Tender chicken drenched in your favorite bbq sauce that is made right in your instant pot. Serve this on sandwiches, with a side of pasta/rice or all by itself. It’s delicious no matter what.
This is sorta ugly and sorta messy. I had a tough time taking pictures of it. But, it’s crazy easy and crazy delicious, so, I decided to share it.
In the words of my 11 year old ” it doesn’t matter how it looks, it matter how it tastes”. In this case, I agree with him. However, that still won’t change my mind about brussels sprouts 🙂
- Boneless chicken thighs
- BBQ Sauce
Can I Use Chicken Breasts? Yes. However, your cooking time may have to be increased. Chicken breasts are thicker/larger than (usually) the thighs and require longer cooking times.
What Kind of BBQ Sauce can I Use?
- To stick with the consistency of the recipe, I recommend using a ketchup based sauce, as opposed to a vinegar based sauce. However, if you do try a vinegar based sauce, please let me know how it works out!
I used my homemade Honey BBQ Sauce for this dish and it worked perfectly. Go with your favorite homemade or bottled version…your choice!
How to Make:
- First, whisk 1/2 of the bbq sauce with water. Then, add the chicken to the pot and pour the mixture on top.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure. Do a natural release for 5 minutes, then, a quick release.
- Next, remove the chicken from the post and whisk in the remaining bbq sauce. Press the saute function and let it simmer for a few minutes until thick.
- Then, place the chicken back into the pot and coat it well with all the sauce.
How to Serve:
- With a side of pasta/rice.
- On sandwiches.
- In your favorite mac and cheese.
- Make quesadillas with it.
- Serve it wrap in a tortilla with cheddar cheese and spinach.
- Toss it in a salad
- Eat it right out of the bowl.
The possibilities are endless!
Love Chicken for Dinner? Try These Too:
- Crock Pot Zesty Italian Chicken
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Crock Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup bbq sauce ( will be divided)
- In a bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of bbq sauce with water. Set aside.
- Salt and pepper chicken thighs and place in instant pot. Pour bbq sauce/water on top.
- Cover with lid and cook on high pressure for 13 minutes. Do a natural release for 5 minutes, then, do a quick release. Remove chicken from pot and turn off the instant pot function.
- Select the saute function. Pour in remaining bbq sauce. Simmer for 2-4 minutes or until thick.
- Place chicken back into pot and coat with the sauce. Serve immediately.
- adapted from it's a keeper
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 716mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 19g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on countertopcooking.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate