Air Fryer Breaded Pierogies– -Frozen piergoies with a delicious twist! These breaded pierogies are great for dinner, lunch, or an appetizer. Totally versatile and delicious.
Back in 2012, I posted a recipe for Baked Piergoi Casserole at Table for Seven. It’s STILL in the top 5 most viewed posts on my blog and we still continue to eat pierogies at my house, in some form or another.
Like these Breaded Pierogies! They are another way to snazz up your basic frozen box of piergoies.
Supplies You Will Need:
- Air Fryer + non stick cooking spray
- 2 Pie plates or shallow dishes
- Whisk or fork
Your Ingredients List + A Few Notes:
- Pierogies: Any flavor/brand will work. Let them defrost for about 30 minutes before adding the eggbreading. They don’t have to be completely thawed, but, it will make the breading/egg mixture stick better.
- Milk :I’ve used skim milk, whole milk and even almond milk with these. They all will work fine.
- Bread crumbs
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Dried oregano
As for dipping, we sided ours with Creamy Garlic Dressing, but, you can also use plain sour cream ( or plain Greek yogurt) as your dip!
More Side Dish Options to Try:
- 16 oz package, frozen pierogies
- 1 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- salt/pepper, to taste preference
- In a pie plate or shallow dish, mix together egg and milk. In a second pie plate or shallow dish, mix together breadcrumbs, cheese, oregano and salt/pepper.
- Dip piergies into the egg/milk mixture, then, coat with breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with remaining pierogies.
- Lightly spray basket of air fryer with non stick cooking spray.
- Place a portion of the breaded pierogis in basket. (Don't overcrowd the basket. Work in batches)
- Cook at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove basket and give it a toss. Then, cook an additional 5 minutes or until brown
- Want to Bake them Instead? Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or slip mats. Place breaded piergoies on sheet, then, bake for 10 minutes. Remove sheet from oven and flip them over. Bake an additional 2-4 minutes or until browned.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 437mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on countertopcooking.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate