Instant Pot Cupcakes- Cupcakes in the Instant Pot!? Yes, it’s a thing and you can do it!
Ah, the wonders of the instant pot. They never cease to amaze me.
Guys, today we are making cupcakes in the instant pot. Yes, really. We are only making 4 cupcakes, but, they are cupcakes, nonetheless.
- Flour + Baking powder + Salt + Baking soda
- Plain Greek yogurt
Plain Greek Yogurt: If you don’t have any on hand, feel free to use sour cream as a replacement.
Your Cupcakes are Rainbow! What do they taste like?
- Vanilla. These are simple vanilla cupcakes. I made them with my 11 year old and he told me they “needed something” so, we dyed our batter different colors. This does make these a bit more fun, but, it’s not required.
How to Make:
- First, line 4 custard cups with cupcake liners. I used 4 Pyrex 10 oz Clear Glass Custard Cups. They were a perfect fit for 4 cupcakes. You can use smaller cups, if necessary.
- Next, make your batter. Once the batter is completely mixed and if you want to tint your batter any color, now is the time. You can color them each a different color ( like we did ) or one color or keep them vanilla. Your choice.
- Divide the batter evenly into the cupcake liners. Cover each cup with foil.
- Add water to the bottom of the instant pot and place steam rack into the bottom of the pot. Be sure the handles of the steam rack are up, to make for easier removal
- Place covered cups on top of steam rack. You can stack them in a staggered pattern for better balance.
- Cover and cook on high pressure, then, a natural release.
- Carefully ( hot!) remove cups from pot and remove foil. Your cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If they need further cooking, cover them back up and cook for additional time. I recommend starting at about 1-2 minutes and then, check.
- Let the cupcakes cool for about 10 minutes after removing foil. Then, cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
Make Dessert in Your Instant Pot:
Used in this Recipe:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- dash of baking soda
- 4 TBSP butter, softened
- 6 TBSP sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Place cupcake liners into 4 custard cups. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add in egg, yogurt and vanilla. Beat well. Add in flour mixture and mix until just combined. Don't over mix your batter.
- If you are having plain vanilla cupcakes, divide the batter evenly into the 4 custard cups.
- If you wish to have rainbow cupcakes, divide batter evenly into 4 separate bowls. Then, tint each one with your desired color, using food coloring.
- Then, add the colored batter into each custard cups.
- Place steam rack into pot, then, pour in 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Cover each custard cup with foil. Then, place on top of steam rack. You can stack them in a staggered pattern for better balance.
- Cover and cook on high pressure for 35 minutes. Then, do a natural release for 10 minutes.
- Carefully, remove custard cups from the pot. Let them cool for 15 minutes, then, remove foil and remove cupcakes from the custard cups. Let the cupcakes cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- lightly adapted from paint the kitchen red
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.