Waffle Iron Cinnamon Rolls- Make your cinnamon rolls right in your waffle iron! They take less than 5 minutes and are a fun way to enjoy your favorite pack of cinnamon rolls.
Cinnamon rolls in the waffle iron? Yes, it’s a thing and they are delicious.
Way back in 2011-12, when Pinterest was just getting really popular, I came across this recipe. I use the term “recipe” loosely, because, it’s more of a method, than a recipe.
What Do I Need to Make These?
- Waffle iron
- Refrigerated cinnamon roll dough
- Non stick cooking spray
Yep, that’s it!
Cinnamon Roll Dough: I usually stick with the regular Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls or a brand equivalent. I have never tried the “flaky” variety of dough for these, so, I can’t say how they would work out, but, they should work fine. However, they are thicker than the regular version. If you use them, just be sure to cook them a bit longer.
Waffle Iron: Mine is a round classic waffle iron (see recipe card). I haven’t tried these with a Belgium waffle iron, but, again, it should work fine. You may just need to adjust your cooking time.
My waffle iron has heat settings of 1-5. Number 1 being for light waffles and five being for dark. I set my iron at 4 for these. I would recommend starting your settings at a medium level and adjust per your preference as you make the rolls.
How to Make:
- Warm up your waffle iron to and spray with non stick cooking spray. Place 1-2 rolls on the waffle iron and close lid. My waffle iron fits 2 rolls. This gives them enough space to spread out a bit. Use your judgement when making the rolls, according to your own waffle iron. Just be sure you don’t overcrowd it.
- Close the lid and cook for 1-2 minutes or until brown.
- Carefully remove and serve warm with icing from the package.
Love Waffles? Try these too!
- 1 package, pre made cinnamon roll dough
- Preheat waffle iron, then, spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Place a 1-2 rolls on waffle iron and close lid. Cook for just 1-2 minutes or until brown.
- Carefully remove and drizzle with icing from package.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 203mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on countertopcooking.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate