Crock Pot Zesty Italian Chicken- Shredded chicken with a flavorful punch of zesty Italian dressing made right in your crock pot. Serve it up on a plate with your favorite side dish or as sandwiches.
I’ve been making this chicken for about a million years…give or take 😉 As a matter of fact, it was one of the very first recipes that are made in my crock pot. I made it once and was totally hooked on crock pot cooking.
Tossing your ingredients in a pot, then, coming back a few hours later and your dinner is done?! What’s not to like?
That is exactly what you do with this chicken. Toss it all in, let it cook, then, magic! Dinner.
- Boneless chicken breasts
- Zesty Italian salad dressing
- Dried minced onion
- Garlic powder
Chicken: I use about 1.25 lbs. This is 2-3 medium size breasts. Try and stick with the same amount/weight for cooking accuracy. You can use more/less, but, be sure to adjust your ingredients and cooking time.
Can I Use Frozen Chicken Breasts? Yes. Simply increase your cooking time about 20-30 minutes.
How to Make:
- First, place your chicken breasts into the pot. Then, add in additional ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low.
- After about 4 hours, remove the chicken from the pot and cut/shred it. Place it back into the pot and mix it with the sauce.
- Serve it up.
Serving Ideas: You can serve this with a side of rice, potatoes, your favorite pasta or egg noodle. This chicken also goes great served as a sandwich with a slice of Swiss cheese.
More Ways to Make Dinner in Your Crock Pot:
- Crock Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Pulled Pork: For Instant Pot and Crock Pot
- Crock Pot Cheeseburgers
- Crock Pot Tortellini Soup
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken
- 1.25 lbs boneless chicken
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- Add chicken into crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and coat chicken well.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Before serving, shred or slice up chicken and mix with sauce.
- Serve on buns or on a plate with a side of your favorite pasta or rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 28g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on countertopcooking.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate