Air Fryer Chocolate Stuffed Doughnuts- Get yourself a package of biscuit dough and get air frying your doughnuts! These gems are crazy easy and even more delicious. A cinnamon sugar topping and gooey chocolate filling make these irresistible.
Homemade doughnuts are something I have been making since starting Table for Seven back in 2011. I had no idea how easy they were until then. Well, I’m still making homemade doughnuts and now, I’ve added making them in the air fryer to my doughnut making knowledge.
- Refrigerated biscuit dough
- Ground cinnamon
Biscuit Dough: I prefer to use the “Grands Flaky” version of biscuit dough for these. However, any variety/brand will work. Keep in mind, if you use a smaller size biscuit dough, use less chocolate and cut back on your cooking time.
Chocolate: Honestly, I used a super size (9 oz) dark chocolate Hershey’s bar we had in our pantry. I simply broke it into pieces and used the pieces for the filling. But, you can use a regular chocolate bar, a baking bar or chocolate chips instead. Just be sure you don’t overload it with chocolate. You don’t want a mess in your air fryer.
How to Make:
- First, remove the dough from the package and separate into individual biscuits. Cut each one of those in half.
- Take each half and flatten it out a bit. Then, place chocolate in the middle.
- Fold up the sides of the dough, then, roll it into a ball.
- Place prepared dough balls in freezer. You only have to freeze these for about 30 minutes. This process helps keep them holding together while in the air fryer.
- When ready, cook in air fryer for a few minutes. Remove basket, give a little toss and cook an additional few minutes.
- When they are done and still a bit warm, coat in butter, then, in the cinnamon sugar.
A few last notes:
- When cooking, do just a few at a time. Don’t over crowd your basket.
- Cooking time may vary, depending on your air fryer. For your first batch, cook just 1 or 2 to test.
- Your biscuit dough will expand while air frying. Your doughnuts should stay together pretty well, but, don’t fret if there is a crack in them. They still taste yummy!
- 1- package pre made refrigerator dough "grands" biscuits
- 9 oz dark chocolate bar, broken into pieces
- 3-4 TBSP butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Remove dough from package and separate into individual biscuits. Cut each piece of dough in half.
- Flatten one half of dough slightly and place a piece of chocolate in the middles. Fold up the sides, then, roll the dough into a ball.
- Once prepared, place pieces of dough into the freezer for 30 minutes. While freezing, mix sugar and ground cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Spray air fryer basket with non stick cooking spray. Cook 3-4 doughnuts at a time at 350 degrees for 4 minutes. Then, toss air fryer basket a bit and place back into air fryer. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- While doughnuts are warm, coat them in melted butter, then, roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on countertopcooking.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate