Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks- Cheesy mozzarella sticks made with egg roll wrappers and string cheese. Cooking them in your air fryer gives them a nice crunch and keeps them low in fat.
Each time that I use my air fryer, I like it more and more. In the past, making homemade mozzarella sticks were too messy ( cooked in oil) or never got enough crunch on them ( in the oven). Making them in the air fryer gives them a really nice crunch and of course, doesn’t require any oil to clean up afterwards.
✔ Less clean up. ✔ Less fat. Sounds good to me. ✔
- Mozzarella string cheese
- Egg roll wrapper
String Cheese: Look for these in your regular cheese section. They usually come in a regular and low fat variety.
Egg Roll Wrappers: In most grocery stores, these are found in the produce section ( they are refrigerated). Just be sure to get egg roll wrappers and not wonton wrappers.
How to Make (detailed instructions in recipe card)
- First, cut your string cheese in half.
- Next, place a piece of string cheese at the top of the wrapper. Fold in the sides and roll the cheese into the wrapper. Seal the end with a bit of water.
- After spraying your air fryer basket with non stick cooking spray, cook a few sticks for 5 minutes. Give them a light toss, then, cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
A few notes:
- When cooking the sticks, do just a few at a time. Don’t over crowd your basket.
- Cooking time may vary, depending on your air fryer. For your first batch, cook just 1 or 2 mozzarella sticks to test.
- 1 pack, egg roll wrapper ( about 20 wrappers)
- 10 mozzarella string cheese
- Cut each string cheese in half.
- Place a piece of the cut string cheese at the top of a wrapper. Fold in both sides. Then, roll the cheese into the wrapper. Seal the end with a bit of water.
- Repeat with remaining cheese and wrappers.
- Lightly spray basket for air fryer.
- Cook 2-3 sticks at a time for 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove basket and give it a bit of a shake. Cook and additional 2-3 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on countertopcooking.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate