Instant Pot Funfetti Cake- A moist vanilla cake made in your instant pot and packed full of fun rainbow sprinkles! Great for a small gathering or weeknight dessert.
It’s FriYay! Let’s celebrate with cake.
Funfetti? Sprinkles everywhere. 🎉
- Flour + Baking powder + Salt
Oil: Stick with a neutral tasting oil. Vegetable, canola or sunflower are all good choices. You can also use melted butter, if desired.
Milk: Regular dairy milk is fine, but, non dairy will also work. I’ve used an unsweetened vanilla almond milk for this cake and it’s turned out great.
Frosting: Use your favorite frosting recipe or pre made version. This is a basic yellow cake recipe, so, any flavor will go with it.
Quick Vanilla Frosting Recipe:
- 1/2 cup butter ( 1 stick), softened
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Beat it all together until creamy and fluffy.
How to Make Instant Pot Funfetti Cake (detailed instructions in recipe card)
- First, make batter and spread evenly into a greased 6 inch round baking pan. (You can find the pan I use in the recipe card). Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Add water to the bottom of the instant pot and place steam rack into the bottom of the pot. Be sure the handles of the steam rack are up, to make for easier removal.
- Place covered pan on top of steam rack and cover your instant pot. Cook on high pressure and do a quick release.
- Carefully ( hot!) remove pan from pot and remove foil. Your cake is done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If the cake needs further cooking, cover the pan back up and cook for additional time. I recommend starting at about 5 minutes and then, check to see if it’s fully cooked.
- Once cake is done, remove from pot and remove foil. Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes, then, remove from pan. Cool it completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 2 eggs
- 6 TBSP sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 TBSP neutral tasting oil ( canola, vegetable, sunflower)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Vanilla Frosting
- Grease a 6 inch round baking pan.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water to the bottom of the instant pot and place steam rack into the bottom of the pot.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a larger bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla, oil and milk. Add in flour mixture and mix just until combined and no dry spots are left in batter. Stir in sprinkles.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Cover pan with foil and place on top of steam rack in pot.
- Cover instant pot with lid and cook on high pressure for 32 minutes. Do a quick release. Carefully, remove pan from pot and uncover. Cake is done when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Then, cool completely on wire rack before frosting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on countertopcooking.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate