Instant Pot Cinnamon Rolls- Classic cinnamon rolls made right in your instant pot! Full of cinnamon and topped with a powdered sugar glaze.
Cinnamon rolls in your instant pot? Yep, it’s possible.
- Flour + Salt + Baking soda + Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Brown sugar
- Powdered sugar
Brown Sugar: If desired, coconut palm sugar can be used as a substitute.
- Bowl + Whisk
- Electric Mixer
- Instant Pot ( Pressure Cooker)
- 6-7 inch baking pan + your favorite way to grease it
- Measuring cups + spoons
- Pastry Brush
How to Make:
- Pour 2 cups of water into your instant pot and place the steam rack (affiliate) into the pan. Be sure the handles are up, making removal easier
- Make your dough. It will come together pretty quickly. Just be sure to not over mix it. Mix just until the dough forms.
- Roll out your dough into a rectangle. Brush it with melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar/ground cinnamon.
- Next, roll the dough up into a tight log. With a sharp knife, cut the log into 8 equal size pieces.
- Place them in your greased pan and cover it with foil. Place the pan on top of the steam rack.
- Cover the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. When the time is up, do a natural release for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan from the pot and let them cool for about 5 minutes. Then, remove the foil and cool for another 10 minutes before adding the glaze.
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 4 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 TBSP milk
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 TBSP milk
- Grease a 6 inch round pan.
- Add 2 cups water to the bottom of the instant pot and place steam rack into the bottom of the pot.
- In a bowl, whisk together melted butter, egg, vanilla and milk. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add in egg/milk mixture and mix until dough forms.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into a rectangle, about 1/8″ thick.
- Spread surface with 2 TBSP melted butter. Then, sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough tightly and then, slice into 8 individual rolls.
- Place them in a prepared baking pan. Cover pan with foil and place on steam rack.
- Cover instant pot with lid and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. When time has ended, do a natural release for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan and let it cool for 5 minutes. Remove foil and let rolls cool for another 10 minutes or so before adding glaze.
- Make Glaze: Whisk together ingredients until smooth. Frost on rolls.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 269mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on countertopcooking.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate