Crock Pot Dulce de Leche- The easiest recipe you will ever make in your crock pot.
Nothing is farther from the truth. 🠉
This recipe literally only needs two ingredients: Sweetened condensed milk and water.
What is Dulce de Leche?
- It’s a thick caramel sauce that originated in Latin America. It’s translation is ” candy made from milk” ( thank you Wikipedia!).
- In many stores, you can purchase a can of ready made Dulce le Leche in the Hispanic food section. However, some areas ( like mine) don’t carry it at all. Which, is a bummer. Because, it’s some serious amazing stuff. No worries…making it is crazy simple!
Pour in hot water. You want the water to be about two inches above the can. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Once complete, using tongs, remove the can from the crock pot. Immediately place it in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Do not stick this step! Your sauce and can are very hot. Opening it too early could be messy and dangerous.
Now that it’s cooled, feel free to use it wherever you wish. As a topping, in hot chocolate, in a dessert recipe ( see some ideas below) or simply eat it with a spoon.
Just be sure to remove it from the can before storing. Keep it in a covered jar/container and store in the refrigerator.
Last note: If your crock pot has the space, you can cook two cans at the same time. Cooking times and instructions remain the same.
Put Your Dulce de Leche to Work:
- Dulce de Leche Chocolate Cake
- No Churn Dulce de Leche Ice Cream
- Samoa Brownie Pie
- Dulce de Leche Buttermilk Cheesecake
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Thumbprint Cookies
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Place can of sweetened condensed milk into the pot.. No need to remove the label and keep the cover on.
- Pour in hot water until cans are covered.. You want the water to be about 2 inches above the cans
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- With tongs, carefully remove can from the hot water and place in a bowl of cold water. Leave the can submerged for at least 10 minutes.
- Your sauce is ready to use. Keep in a covered jar/container in the refrigerator. Don’t leave it in the can!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on countertopcooking.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate