Instant Pot Layer Cake-Making a layer cake in your instant pot is simple! All you need is a box of your favorite cake mix and your creativity.
When I decided to bake a cake in my instant pot, I was hesitant. I mean, a cake? A layer cake? In my instant pot?
Well, like the brownies..I was pleasantly surprised!
This layer cake starts with a cake mix and tastes amazing. It was also really simple to make.
Supplies Needed: 2- 6 inch round cake pans ( see recipe card) + your favorite way to grease them. You will also need foil to cover pans. Lastly, an electric mixer + mixing bowl and of course, measuring cups + spoons.
- Dry cake mix
- Milk ( will replace water, as called for on the box)
- Eggs (normally, a cake mix will call for 3, you will need 4)
- Plain Greek yogurt ( will replace oil, as called for on the box)
How to Make an Instant Pot Layer Cake:
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of water into your instant pot and place the steam rack (affiliate) into the pan. Be sure the handles are up, making removal easier.
- Then, make your batter and spread it evenly into 2 greased 6 inch baking pan. Cover both with foil and stack them on top of the rack.
- Cover the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 35 minutes. When the time is up, do a natural release for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pans from the pot and let them cool for about 5 minutes. Then, remove the foil and cool completely before frosting.
- 1 standard size box- dry cake mix
- 4 eggs
- milk to replace the water as called for on the box
- 1 tsp vanilla
- plain Greek yogurt to replace the oil as called for on the box
- Grease 2- 6 inch round pans.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water to the bottom of the instant pot and place steam rack into the bottom of the pot.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together dry cake mix, eggs, yogurt, milk and vanilla until fully combined.
- Spread batter evenly between the two pans. Cover both with foil and place on steam rack, by stacking them on top of each other.
- Cover instant pot with lid and cook on high pressure for 35 minutes. When time has ended, do a natural release for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan and let it cool for 5 minutes. Remove foil and let cake cool completely before frosting.
- Cake is done when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Adapted from pip & ebby
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 537mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 9g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on countertopcooking.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate